Welcome Undergraduate and Graduate students!
We would like for you to know what some of the advantages are of being a MSHA member:
• State’s most powerful organization for speech language pathologists and audiologists
• Voice with ASHA (American Speech Language Hearing Association) as well as in local, state, and national government
• MS networking service; interact through online resources provided
• Shows potential employers involvement in your state’s professional organization
- Once you begin working, webinars and yearly conference offer continuing education units (CEUs); and expertise from other members
If you are attending MSHA conference this year March 30 - April 1, 2015, please stop by the Schools Issues/Membership Committee table. You will find information on the following topics:
• MSHA brochure
• SLP Handbook (great tool for your first year on the job)
• Job Listings
• Loan Forgiveness Information
• Audiology and Healthcare Information
You can become a MSHA Student Member for $10.00. As a member, you have the opportunity to register for a drawing for a free 2016 Scholarship Conference fee. All you have to do is join MSHA and register at the Schools Issues/Membership Committee table. The lucky winner will be announced during the Honors Reception.
The University of Mississippi Communication Sciences and Disorders’ Hand Band, a group of students who perform using American Sign Language, and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., members observe Disability Awareness Month with a performance of the song “Happy” in front of the Student Union.